Here are just some of the services offered by the BC Armory: Barrel fitting, both ramped and non- ramped.
Dovetail sight installation.
Serrate and checker.
Installation of after market components: triggers, safeties, and sights.
While the BC Armory will perform all types of services on 1911 style autos, here is a list of packages offered. If you don’t see a service listed that you would like, please contact me for availability and price
1911 PART KITS ASSEMBLY
1. Complete assembly of your drop-in parts into
2. Assure all safeties operate properly.
$225.00 Plus shipping.
BC ARMORY COMPENSATOR INSTALLATION 1. Provide BC Armory 7 port taper cone compensator and reverse plug.
2. Thread and install comp on your barrel.
3. Fit barrel/comp assembly to your slide.
4. Caliber’s available: 9mm/38 Super-40 S&W/10mm-45 ACP $225.00 Plus shipping.
1. Trigger job that includes reducing pre-travel, over-travel and set pull to 3 ¾ - 4 lbs.
2. Throat barrel as needed to feed semi wadcutter and hollowpoint ammo.
3. Polish feed ramp.
4. Polish breech face.
5. Tune and adjust extractor.
6. Adjust ejector for proper brass ejection.
$175.00 Plus shipping.
This is the ideal package for concealed carry or duty weapons as well as general target shooting use.
SPEED STEEL OPTION 1. Lighten slide for fastest cycle time.
2. Tune weapon to fire and cycle your ammo preference.
3. Refinish slide with mirror polish finish.
Carbon steel slides will be blued, stainless will be neutral. $300.00 Plus shipping.
Open class or “Racegun” packages ----POR
Tactical or “IDPA” type packages------POR
460 Rowland Conversions This cartridge gives your 45 the power of a 44 magnum. The 460 Rowland is a lengthened and beefed up case manufactured by Starline. When loaded to specification, velocities run up to 1550 feet per second using 185 gr. Bullets. Once the barrel is re-chambered for the 460 Rowland you can still shoot 45 ACP in it. The secret is in the compensation of the barrel. Using gas pressure to counter barrel/slide recoil allows you to shoot the higher velocity of the 460 Rowland while preventing damage and allowing faster follow-up shots.
As you can see by the close-up photos the brass is a bit longer than standard 45 ACP. You can still load using your 45 ACP die set-up. Just adjust the bell die and crimp die to the new longer brass length. Overall length is the same. Still fits the 1911 magazine so no frame modifications or changes are needed.
Cost to convert your 45 to 460 Rowland is $400.00 plus shipping. This includes installing and fitting a BC Armory compensator to your gun and rechambering your barrel.